Agent crashes when more then three managers tries to get/set/walk/getnextsimultaneously

Kjersti Grønnevik kgr____morecom.no
Tue Sep 3 10:02:48 CEST 2002

Hi Frank

I have discovered that I only had the versions Agent++ 3.5.1a and Snmp++ 3.1.5
Do I have to regenerate the new code via the AgentGenerator or can I just use the new libraries directly?

Another question...
I use the Get_request and Get_next_request to update the tables within the instrumentation methods. Do I have to add sync_start() and sync_end() when modifying the table?

Thanks for fast and good reply!

Best regards,
Kjersti

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Fock [mailto:Frank.Fock____t-online.de]
Sent: 2. september 2002 16:58
To: Kjersti Grønnevik
Subject: Re: Agent crashes when more then three managers tries to
get/set/walk/getnextsimultaneously

Hi Kjersti,

Did you see already v3.5.5b of AGENT++? Patch level (a)
fixed some multi-threading issues. These could have caused
the crashes you encountered. In particular, are you updating
tables within the instrumentation methods (get_request,
prepare_set_request, etc.) or by overwriting MibTable::update
only? If it is the last one, this could be another bug, not
yet fixed...

Thanks,
Frank