SNMP not working on Windows 2000, if developed on machine with Microsoft 6.0 and .NET

Patel, Rupali PatelR____diebold.com
Thu Apr 10 19:24:46 CEST 2003

Frank,

I don't think my problem is related to an OS version either, and the code is
the same when built on both machines.

We have released numerous versions of this software and this area of the
code hasn't changed since release one of the product.  All of the sudden we
install .NET onto our ISO certified machine and now the last release of SNMP
doesn't work on Windows 2000 and XP, but still works on NT.

And what I mean by SNMP not working is that we never receive a coldstart
trap, because we never get past the line of code mentioned below.

I did have notice that I wasn't creating the snmp_target_mib before the
snmp_community_mib.  I did change that and that eliminated the trace
statement I was seeing, but that didn't fix my problem.

So, can you give me any other avenues to explore?

Thanks,
Rupali