When target address is broadcast address...

Jochen Katz katz____agentpp.com
Mon Apr 14 00:29:36 CEST 2003

Hi Mike,

> [short version :-) send out a GET request to a broadcast address,
> only the first respone is received, all others are dropped]

this is a known limitation of snmp++. With the first response the
request is removed from the queue, so all other responses are dropped as
they cannot be matched to a outstanding request.

I did a quick hack in snmp++ to allow async get and getnext requests to
a broadcast address if SNMP_BROADCAST is enabled in config_snmp_pp.h and
Snmp::get[_next]() functions called with true as new last param.

The not completly tested version is at
http://www.sa-ha.de/snmp_broadcasts.tar.gz