multithreading over HPUX

Leonardo Borelli l.borelli____cpr.it
Fri Apr 18 17:42:47 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the multithreaded agent over an HPUX station. My compile options are the following,

- snmp ++ : -DRWSTD_MULTI_THREAD -D_REENTRANT -D_THREADS
- agent ++ : -DRWSTD_MULTI_THREAD -D_REENTRANT -D_THREADS
- "myAgent" : -D_THREADS -D_DEBUG +noeh -w -D_ACC_STL +DAPortable +Z -DHP_UX_B_11_00 -DOS_HPUX_11_00 ......others....

My data is retrieved from another process, by socket messages. In order to retrieve this data I've modified the "update" method in order to update only the rows being requested.
Just to test multithreading, I've "stopped" a get response (by stopping the response message sent by the previously mentioned "data process") and performed another get request (on a different table):
I'm expecting for a different "process_request(req)" call, but (also from output)...... everything seems to be stopped. I've noticed that, if I send the first get response message to the agent, then the second get request is processed.

..any comments?

thanks in advance

Leonardo