[AGENT++] Simulating ATM switches

hlau at eng.uts.edu.au hlau at eng.uts.edu.au
Tue Dec 9 05:51:32 CET 2003

Hi,

I stumbled upon Agent++ as a result of it being used in a 2000 paper by Thurm
and Wiltfang - "Simulating ATM network management using virtual devices", and
as such I apologise in advance if this question is too obvious (or irrelevant
to this as an Agent++ list).

The authors there mentioned the use of "virtual ATM devices" to simulate a
network in testing  network management techniques. Seeing as the work was also
based out of university of Karlsruhe, I'm wondering if anyone knows whether
those devices have been fed back into Agent++ or if there are other downloads
associated with Agent++ which would simulate an ATM switch to some level? I saw
that there's an ATM example with Agent++ but I guess I shouldn't try playing
with it unless I'm in the right ballpark in the first place.

At this stage I'm looking into network management of networks including ATM
switches and so a functionality of this sort would be rather nice.

Any pointers on this would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Haye