[AGENT++] VACM 3.5.13 problem

Marek Malowidzki malowidz at wil.waw.pl
Mon Dec 15 16:25:31 CET 2003

Hi all,

I have a (somewhat general) question about possible VACM changes in Agent++
3.5.13. We noticed today the following problem (agent 3.5.13): when an
SNMPv3 user is revoked an access to a MIB, scalar variables are handled
correctly (with SNMPv2 error) but an attempt to read tables causes the agent
hang (no response is returned within a resonable time frame even if GET-BULK
max-repetitions is set to a low value).

We are not sure, of course, that this is agent++ bug - this may be our
fault. However, some time ago, before 3.5.13 (which fixed a number of
problems with VACM), this phenomenon did not happen.

What should we do to provide sufficient information to exmplain this?

Best regards,

Marek