[AGENT++] SNMP Library - Using Names for OIDs

harimk1 at yahoo.com harimk1 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 29 22:27:45 CET 2003

Hi

I'm using SNMP++ library 3.2.  I have a question:

Is it possible to construct an Oid object using the
MIB variable name instead of the # like

Oid oid
("iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysDescr.0");

If I try to do like this, I'm getting an error.

Or can I do like this
Oid oid ("1.3.6.1.2.1.system.sysDescr.0");

The point is I need to MIB variable names instead of
#s bcoz I would only know the name not the #s.

If anyone could give me an answer that will be very
helpful.

thanks

Hari