snmpv3 inform problems

Buchan, Mike MikeB____dmecorp.net
Wed Mar 12 00:24:39 CET 2003

Hi all,

I am trying to send informs to an snmpv3 testing system (SilverCreek) and am
having no success.  I have created user, auth and priv information to be the
same in the agent and the target system.  When I send the inform, the test
software receives it and returns and usmStatsUnknonwEngineID report in
return.  It looks to me like my implementation of snmp++ or agent++ is not
discovering the engineID for the target system to be used in the inform
messages.

Is there something special I need to do to configure the software to do the
discovery?  Is it necessary and/or possible to manually define the target
engine ID to be used for informs?

I really need to resolve this quickly.  Any help you might be able to give
would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Mike Buchan