snmpv3 inform problems

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Wed Mar 12 09:02:01 CET 2003

Hi Mike,

If you use the standard mechanism of AGENT++ to send an
inform request (NotificationOriginator or via Mib::notify)
then the target system needs to support engine ID discovery.

If you use SNMP++ directly, you should be able to provide
the target's engine ID.

Do you know whether SilverCreek provides engine ID discovery?