SNMPv3 informs

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Fri Mar 21 00:07:29 CET 2003

Mike,

I think a year or more ago, we had a similar
discussion on this list with detailed examples.
May be you can find it in the archive.

To send an inform from an AGENT++ agent:

1. Add a parameter row in snmpTargetParamsTable
2. Add an "inform" tag to the snmpNotifyTable
3. Add a target address in the snmpTargetAddrTable
    that refers to the parameter row created in (1)
    and the tag row created in (2).
4. Add a user with the engine ID, user name, and
    password of the *target* system to the AGENT++
    agent's usmUserTable. This can be easily done
    by MIB Explorer's Edit/Create Modiy SNMPv3 User
    function. Alternatively, this can also be done
    from within the agent or by other command line
    tools.
[5.] Add the user created in (4) to your target
    system, with the local engine ID of course.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Frank Fock