use of proxy forwarder for single mib objects

Trausmuth Robert trausmuth____fhwn.ac.at
Mon Mar 24 18:46:44 CET 2003

Hello

I want to use my agent++ instance for implementing an enterprise specific
mib

other mib objects are provided by the windows snmp agent

So I want to forward certain mib requests (in my case the ms sql server
subtree) to the

microsoft agent, but supply other mib entries by myself

After a week of trying and reading the zeltserman book I found out how to
filter

traps and notifications, but there is one question pending:

How can I define a proxy forwarder for a mib subtree while supplying other
mib entries

through my own agent

Does anyone have a sample setup for this?

At the moment I plan to use v1, but my part should use v3 later this year,
too

The agent itself is working fine and I can get / set my own mib objects
right now

I'm lacking the information of setting up the proxy forwarder stuff

Any help would be appreciated

Yours

Robert Trausmuth

University of Applied Science