Questions regarding current API

Jochen Katz katz____agentpp.com
Fri May 9 19:21:41 CEST 2003

Hi,

> Is there anywhere where the new API is reasonably well documented? Apart

well the comments in the header v3_mp are nearly complete, see
http://www.sa-ha.de/tmp_doc/classv3MP.html for the temporary doxygen outputI wrote a short mail to the list that shows the initialization changes:
http://www.katz.dusnet.de/agent++Archiv/0212/0003.html

> from a single comment referring to an improved v3MP class, there doesn't
> seem to be anything in the CHANGES document about v3MP. In trying to find a
> replacement to mpGetLocalEngineID() I have tried a few things that seemed
> obvious to me, but none of them worked.

I didn't think, that a more detailed document would be needed, as all
mpDoSomeThingHere() functions are now called v3MP::do_some_thing_here(),
so mpGetLocalEngineID() is now v3MP::get_local_engine_id().

> I see that all the consoleExamples now create a v3MP object (this seems to
> be required, whereas before there was no such class).

Yes, if _SNMPv3 is defined, you MUST create one instance of the v3MP class.