Regarding MibTable::commit_set_request

Cheng Chaoting chengchaoting____huawei.com
Mon May 12 12:44:05 CEST 2003

Dear All,

In MibTable::commit_set_request function,do we need to truncate the redundant columns?Suppose,for one table,every row has 4 columns,when manager wants to create one row,but it inputs 5 columns,so,i think agent should truncate the last column.How can we implement it?

I wrote the following code:

int imap_northbound_common_hwIMAPNorthboundCommonManagerInformationEntry::commit_set_request(Request* req, int ind)
{
 //--AgentGen BEGIN=hwIMAPNorthboundCommonManagerInformationEntry::commit_set_request
 //--AgentGen END

 int ivbSize = req->subrequests();
 int iMaxVbsAllowed = ivbSize % 4;
 iMaxVbsAllowed = ivbSize - iMaxVbsAllowed;
 req->trim_request(iMaxVbsAllowed); //here i use trim_request to truncate the redundant columns

 for(int i = ind; i < iMaxVbsAllowed; i = i + 4)
 {
      Oidx oidRowIndex = imap_northbound_common_hwIMAPNorthboundCommonManagerInformationEntry::instance->index(req->get_oid(i));
      int iCmd;
      req->get_value(i).get_value(iCmd);

      if(iCmd == rowDestroy)

When Rowstatus is CreateAndGo,it works fine,but if Rowstatus is RowDestroy,agent doesn't execute the 'for' loop,because req->subrequests() is 1,so iMaxVbsAllowed is 0.

Does anybody have some solutions?

TIA.

With regards,
Cheng Chaoting