address comparison when receiving traps

Trausmuth Robert trausmuth____fhwn.ac.at
Mon May 12 15:42:25 CEST 2003

Hi jochen

I'm just working on a problem where a company uses snmp v2 traps to
implement a higher level connectionless protocol

So I have to determine the address of the trap generator to handle the
different high level requests

The problem is the comparison of the trap originator address

There is a method to get the GenAddress of an SnmpTarget

Since the (local) target definition holds only the ip address I have
problems because the trap originator has a UDP address

Is there a simple way (other than recoding the IPAddress and GenAddress
class) to do this job?

Thanks for any help

Robert

Robert Trausmuth

IT Department

University of Applied Science Wiener Neustadt

Austria