Building SNMP++ on Solaris

Zheng Qiang zhengqiang____huawei.com
Sat May 17 08:49:55 CEST 2003

Hi,

I get the "inet_aton" problem also. It was caused by the missing of library "libresolv.so" in the makefile of snmp++.

After add "-lresolv" in Makefile.solaris, this error can be removed.

regards.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Billy Davis
  To: 'agentpp-dl____agentpp.com'
  Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2003 5:07 AM
  Subject: Building SNMP++ on Solaris

      I have been trying to install snmp++ on solaris. I get the library to build fine, but when I try to build my application or the console examples I get the following errors:

  inet_aton                           /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.2.3/../../../libsnmp++.so
  gethostbyname2                      /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.2.3/../../../libsnmp++.so

      I recently upgraded my gcc compiler from 2.95 to 3.2.3 so I am not sure if this is due to a bad install or not.

  Thanks,
  Billy Davis