INFORM - REPORT - SET

Jochen Katz katz____agentpp.com
Mon May 19 21:12:42 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I have received the INFORM. I have (by out-of-band mechanism) the engine
> ID, the boot counter and the engineTime for the client, so there's no need
> for any discovery -- I already have been handed the correct values; I just
> don't know how to tell snmp++ about them.

you cannot set the engineBoots and engineTime values. This is done
automatically by snmp++, as this is part of the SNMPv3 standard.

> I build the PDU for the set, but then how am I supposed to send the SET to
> the correct place?
>
> The example uses the following call:
>
>   snmpp->set(setpdu, utarget);

This is the method to call.

The USM has two operation modes:
- with enabled discovery (default) it accepts any new engine ids when
sending and receiving messages.

- with disabled discovery (USM::unset_discovery_mode()) you must add the
engine ids of entities you want to contact with
v3MP::add_to_engine_id_table() once.