[AGENT++] boolean representation

Joel Realubit joel at voxsant.com
Thu Oct 16 10:46:38 CEST 2003

hello:

I'm writing an agent for manipulating a server's configuration files,
and some of the parameters there take on 'TRUE' / 'FALSE' values. Given
that, as far as i know (I could be wrong), SNMP doesnt support any kind
of boolean data type, what is the best way to represent boolean values?
For example, should I have a MibLeaf object that takes on OctetStr
values and just do some kind of validation code so that it accepts only
"TRUE"/"FALSE" values? are there any prescribed "best practices" rules
about this?

thanks in advance,
Joel Realubit