[AGENT++] no tables from AgenPro 2

Dave Mason dmason at transat-tech.com
Wed Sep 3 16:54:17 CEST 2003

Hi,
I have recently started using AgenPro v2.0.5 and I find that it does not
generate any code for my tables.  I redefined the lightTables property
to "no" at the root of my enterprise tree but it didnt seem to help.  I
see there is now a 2.0.6 version which I'll pick up soon, but I didnt
see anything in the change log about this.  I have a tableEntry object
(which has the INDEX clause) where I need to add custom methods to get
and set the rows, but that object isnt getting generated now.  I also
need to use the enums that get generated as possible values for one of
the columnar objects.  This works fine in AgenPro v1.8.6 - am I missing
something?

In a related note, I see that the notification code (NotificationType
subclasses) is encapsulated by "#ifdef _SNMPv3" in AgenPro 2.  I don't
use SNMPv3 yet, so this means I dont get this code, but it doesnt seem
to cause a problem because I can just use the "#define oidAlarm"
constants in a notify method.  I guess that code is only needed in
SNMPv3?  I'm just curious about what's going on there.

Regards,
Dave