[AGENT++] Re: no tables from AgenPro 2

Dave Mason dmason at transat-tech.com
Wed Sep 3 22:13:18 CEST 2003

Hi Frank,
I have one new clue.  It seems that the table code gets generated when I
manually tell AgenPro what MIBs to use, but not when I use
AgentCapabilities.  This used to work with v1.8.6, and I havent changed
the MIBs since then.  I thought I might need to add the table objects
into a MIB group, but theyre not-accessible so AgenPro doesnt like that.

Regards,
Dave

Frank Fock wrote:

> Dave,
>
> I cannot reproduce the problem you described. Are you sure that the
> tables are
> missing (they are located at the end of the generated sources)? If you
> can
> see the tables in the MIB tree of AgenPro then they should be also
> available
> in the templates, unless one of the following occured:
>
> * the MIB module has been removed from the MIB repository meanwhile
> * the MIB module has not been selected in the project settings to be
> one of
> the modules to generate code for.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Best regards,
> Frank
>
> Dave Mason wrote:
>
>> One quick follow-up about the table code question:  I double checked
>> the skip property, and it is "false" all the way down the tree.
>> Also, I tried adding some code to cpp_code.vm to just print the table
>> names in $tables to a comment in the generated code but that came up
>> empty, so possibly that vector isnt getting loaded right.  I checked
>> the log too but didnt see anything about objects getting dropped or
>> skipped.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> Dave Mason wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I have recently started using AgenPro v2.0.5 and I find that it does
>>> not generate any code for my tables.  I redefined the lightTables
>>> property to "no" at the root of my enterprise tree but it didnt seem
>>> to help.  I see there is now a 2.0.6 version which I'll pick up
>>> soon, but I didnt see anything in the change log about this.  I have
>>> a tableEntry object (which has the INDEX clause) where I need to add
>>> custom methods to get and set the rows, but that object isnt getting
>>> generated now.  I also need to use the enums that get generated as
>>> possible values for one of the columnar objects.  This works fine in
>>> AgenPro v1.8.6 - am I missing something?
>>>
>>> In a related note, I see that the notification code
>>> (NotificationType subclasses) is encapsulated by "#ifdef _SNMPv3" in
>>> AgenPro 2.  I don't use SNMPv3 yet, so this means I dont get this
>>> code, but it doesnt seem to cause a problem because I can just use
>>> the "#define oidAlarm" constants in a notify method.  I guess that
>>> code is only needed in SNMPv3?  I'm just curious about what's going
>>> on there.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

Dave Mason  (817)481-4412 x139 voice, (817)481-4461 fax, dmason at transat-tech.com
Transat Technologies                180 State St, Suite 240, Southlake, TX 76092
Integrating 3GSM and WLAN                            http://www.transat-tech.com