[AGENT++] [ANN] SNMP++.NET v. 1.00b

Marek Malowidzki malowidz at wil.waw.pl
Tue Apr 20 13:04:09 CEST 2004

Dear All,

I would like to announce the availability of the first public release of
SNMP++.NET.

SNMP++.NET is a set of .NET wrappers for the well-known SNMP++ library,
which was originally written by Peter Mellquist of HP and now is being
improved and maintained by Johen Katz and Frank Fock at Agent++ web site.
SNMP++.NET comes with the same license as SNMP++, which basically means that
it is completely free.

SNMP++.NET supports most important features of SNMP++. All three versions of
SNMP (SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, SNMPv3) and all PDU types are supported. However,
only the most important classes are exposed in .NET; thus, some extra (and
less frequently used) functionality may be currently missing.

The package is distributed in a source form. The current version, 1.00beta,
requires SNMP++ v. 3.2.11 or later and should compile with no problems.
Remember to define _SNMPv3 and SNMP_PP_NAMESPACE during compilation of all
SNMP++ and SNMP++.NET modules.

The package contains system walk examples in C# and VB, a trap listener
example in C# and, finally, a complex testing program in C#, which
demonstrates all the main features of the package and allows to test its
performance (communications performance, memory usage, etc.).

The software may be downloaded from
http://republika.pl/maom_onet/snmp/snmp_ppnet/.

I would be grateful for any comments about API, design choices, lacking
functionality etc. and possible problems. Please send all the remarks to
maom_onet at poczta.onet.pl.

Marek Malowidzki