[AGENT++] Multiple MIB instances

alexander link link.alexander at firemail.de
Thu Apr 22 10:47:19 CEST 2004

Hi.
For our enterprise it is needed to manage our own software servers with snmp. Due to security reasons we'd
like to use version 3 of this protocol. We also want to utilize agent++ API because it seems to work very good
and stable also.
It may happen that more than one software servers are running on a single machine with ONE IP address.
Thus an implementation is needed to handle this issue.
So is it possible to manage all of these same servers with agent++?
It is not known how many and when these servers come to life. This depends on customers need.
So is this problem in general solvable with your agent++ API?
In this context, can someone give a short instruction guide on things to pay attention to?

Regards
Alexander Link