[AGENT++] Setting COmmunity String?

OELoo Jerry oyljerry at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 03:33:42 CEST 2004

hi Fedja:
   i think you can try the function as below to make a test:
   requestList->set_read_community()
   requestList->set_write_community()
wish to help
                                                                Jerry

>From: "Mr. AWD" <mrawd at excite.com>
>To: agentpp at agentpp.org
>Subject: [AGENT++] Setting COmmunity String?
>Date: Wed,  4 Aug 2004 18:43:10 -0400 (EDT)
>

>He there!
>
>I am trying to add dynamically a Community String to the agent at the
start time, so it could be different then the default “public?one. I have a
few questions regarding this task:
>1. I see that snmpCommunityEntry object gets created in the main() but I
fail to see where that “public?string is set. There is a member function
snmp_community_mib->add_public(), but nobody is making a call to it. Is
that the correct behavior or what?
>2. Constructor of the snmp_community_mib objects adds snmpCommunityEntry
objects which creates all of the necessary objects for it (Community Name ,
Community Security Name, Engine ID, Context Name, Tag Value, and Storage
Type), so my guess is that I would need to create my own snmpCommunityEntry
object and initialize it with the new Community String value. Is this the
right approach or I am off the right path?