[AGENT++] More on Community/Security Name?

Mr. AWD mrawd at excite.com
Wed Aug 11 17:39:58 CEST 2004

Finally solved!!!

The problem was in the cached data in the config folder. Old values that where entered during the previous startups where not discarded and agent kept reusing them all over again. So, even after changing the configuration all around, the old setup was still there and it kept messing with me.

I am still wondering whether this is a bug or a feature in here!

Anyway, thanks for all the help Jochen!!

Fedja

--- On Tue 08/10, Jochen Katz < katz at agentpp.com > wrote:From: Jochen Katz [mailto: katz at agentpp.com]To: agentpp at agentpp.orgDate: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:44:40 +0200Subject: Re: [AGENT++] More on Community/Security Name?Hi,

> That is the main problem. If I change those “public” strings to
> something else (let say for the sake of the discussion “private”),
> then agent responds to the request sent with the community string set
> to the “priate”. But, if you still send a request with community
> string set to “public”, it goes through and gets answered as well.

can you reproduce this with the atm_mib example agent. For me it works
as I wrote.