[AGENT++] SNMP++v3.2.3b and Borland - Help needed

Arunas Mazeika amazeika at cantv.net
Mon Feb 9 15:06:32 CET 2004

            Ok, hello, this is a post I recently left in the Borland
Newsgroup and perhaps somebody here could help me with the problem I
have. I have a massive amount of question to ask about this code and how
I can and I should use it. I did read the documentation of the code and
I have to say is amazing I really would like to use it for my project. I
understand the basics I need to use the code for performing simple SNMP
operations, but the code itself I wish someday I could understand it
completely. What I really need is to know how I can use this code to
develop a GUI interface with the SNMP operations of my choice using the
code itself, what I say is that I don’t want to perform this operations
through console built applications (like the consoleExamples). I’m
trying to do this with Kylix3 C++ IDE from Borland. If there is a
suggestion of any other tool for develop GUI applications using C++ code
under linux, I would appreciate it.

--------

“Hello everybody, first of all I'm kind of new to Kylix and to the C++
language. I need to use both for a project I'm developing; I will
develop a
GUI for a Network Management Station (a simple one of course) using the
SNMP
protocol. I found the complete implementation of the protocol in C++.
It's
called SNMP++ and it's an open source. Well the code provides a src and
include folder among others (consoleExamples, etc). In the src folder
can be
found several .cpp files and makefiles for building the code in
different
platforms, linux included of course. I'm using the Mandrake 9.2
distribution. I did compile the code using: make -f Makefile.linux, then
several .o files corresponding to each .cpp appeared and a library .a
file
named libsnmp++.a which I can't use because it was built with g++
instead of
bc++. The question is how can I use this code I found in Kylix?. Do I
need
the library?, can I compile with bc++ in order to use the library?, if
yes,
somebody could help me with that, because the Makefile.linux is very
hard to
understand ... It's possible to use the code as it is?, I mean, without
compile it first and compile the whole thing including my Kylix project
which would include code using these SNMP++ classes and functions, I'm
very
lost I know but trying hard to learn. The code provided in the SNMP++ is
ansi / C++. Please any help would be appreciated ... Thanks a lot to
everybody who took the time to see this post.

Arunas Mazeika

------

Is not posible to use g++ compiled libraries (libsnmp++.a) under Kylix
because of some differences between the g++ compiler and the bc++
compiler (wich Kylix3 provides). Well thanks a lot, I like I said in the
 Thanks

Arunas Mazeika