[AGENT++] SNMP4J (SNMP++ for Java) Class Diagram available

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Wed Feb 11 03:02:03 CET 2004

Hi,

As announced last week I have put an overview of the SNMP4J
classes as a simplified UML class diagram on the SNMP4J project
web site (http://www.snmp4j.org):
http://www.snmp4j.org/UMLClassOverview/UMLClassOverview.htm

SNMP4J will be available for download next month. It will be licensed
under the Apache License Model (thus "freely" available). It
supports agent and manager applications with SNMPv1/v2c/v3 and
MD5/SHA authentication as well as DES/AES privacy.

We hereby request for any comments on the design. May be SNMP4J
could become something like a reference implementation of the SNMPv3
RFCs? Although I understand that the authors of the SNMPv3 RFCs did not
want to favor an example implementation, it might by helpful that there is
a concrete implementation that tried to follow the suggested SNMPv3
interfaces as closely as possible.

I you visit the UML diagram, you can click on each class to see its details.
(The left part of the diagram is not very concise, may be this could
improved

Thanks in advance,
Frank Fock