[AGENT++] SNMP++v3.2.3b and Borland - Help needed

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Thu Feb 12 00:39:11 CET 2004

Hi,

> because I didn't pay atention to the cero "3.2.1(0)" so ... I noticed
> something in this new version, I get some warnings from the g++ complier
> because of the #warning in the config_snmp_pp.h I supose, not sure at
> all, it compiles anyways but is there a way to prevent this from
> happening?, this is what I get with a simple Snmp objet creation:

did you also get this warning:
#warning Threads_defined_but_no_reentrant_XXX_function

> In file included from /usr/include/c++/3.3.1/backward/iostream.h:31,
>                  from Prueba.cpp:1:
> /usr/include/c++/3.3.1/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: warning:
> #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated
> header. Please consider using one of the 32 headers found in section
> 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples include substituting the <X>
> header for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or <sstream> instead of
> the deprecated header <strstream.h>. To disable this warning use
> -Wno-deprecated.

This is not snmp++ related. Newer g++ compilers require the include of
<iostream> instead of <iostream.h> (same for some other headers). Take a
look at the consoleExamples, they check g++ version and include the
right header.