[AGENT++] Building Windows and Linux versions...

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Wed Feb 18 20:58:54 CET 2004

Mr. AWD wrote:

> Here is the link to the tool that converts VC7 project files back to
> the VC6 that I used
> (http://www.codeproject.com/tools/prjconverter.asp). You can get them
> directly from
> http://www.codeproject.com/tools/prjconverter/prjconverter.zip for the
> binaries or this one
> http://www.codeproject.com/tools/prjconverter/prjconverter_src.zip for
> the source code. Basically, it converts .sln/.vcproj file pairs into
> the .dsw/.dsp pairs.

Many thanks, I will take a look at it!

>Well, good and bad things to come out of this!! The good one is that procedure works and I was able to replace MS SNMP agent with the one that was built. The bad thing is that I couldn't start the service and got the same error message when try to started from my self created service entry. The very same executable still works on Win 2000, tough.

Hmmh, strange. What error message are you getting? Do you
get it immediately after starting the service?

>One more question. Since there are several make files that we need to run in order to build all the pieces, is there somewhere already created One make file that to rule them all, I mean to build them all! I will make one if there is nothing created so far, but that would be a surprise.

No there is no such beast. I have wrote an example for
the AGENT++ examples...
If you write one for all or at least the basic the packages
I will be happily intergrate it into the distribution!

Thanks,