[AGENT++] 3.2.12 problem with a non-Agent++ agent

Marek Malowidzki malowidz at wil.waw.pl
Thu Jul 1 13:26:51 CEST 2004

Dear All,

I have a problem with 3.2.12 and SNMPv3. The problem is, as can be
understood from the attached log, that the manager correctly receives a
response (after successful discovery/synchronization) but for some reason
keeps repeating requests.

The problem only happens with SNMP++.NET/SNMP++ (not with other tools) and
only with some agents. For example, with Agent++ agent, it seems to be ok.
With a third-party agent, there is the above-mentioned problem.

I attach a log trace. Could you please provide some explanations, what could
be the reason for the problem. I assume that maybe this is my wrappers (some
memory bugs?) or perhaps there were some changes between 3.2.11 and 3.2.12
in the SNMPv3 implementation?

Best regards,

Marek