[AGENT++] 3.2.12 problem with a non-Agent++ agent

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Thu Jul 1 22:48:41 CEST 2004

Hi,

> I attach a log trace. Could you please provide some explanations, what could
> be the reason for the problem. I assume that maybe this is my wrappers (some
> memory bugs?) or perhaps there were some changes between 3.2.11 and 3.2.12
> in the SNMPv3 implementation?

there weren't any changes that would explain this behaviour between
3.2.11 and 3.2.12.

There is a roblem with "request id" in the third response:

> MpCache: adding local entry[0], msg_id = 0x640002, reqID = 0x7a9d

> receive_snmp_response requestID = 42, returning SUCCESS.

The response has requestID 42 while the request had 0x7a9d. Therefore
the event loop continues to wait for the response and resends the message.

It is easy to change snmp++ to allow such responses [ remove the line
"if ((!pdu->reqid) && (pdu->command == REPORT_MSG))" from mp_v3.cpp],
but this is a bug in the agent.