[AGENT++] Cannot gather information from snmp agent!

Christian Howe-Jones howjones at lycos.de
Wed Jul 21 15:11:48 CEST 2004

Hi.
I've written an SNMP agent for win and linux. Being modern, of course I used agentX++.
On windows machine everthings works right now (compile, execute, requests from extern snmp console..).

But I'm facing a problem regarding linux os.
Master and sub agent did compile successfully.
Master and sub agent execute and sub agent connects to master.
When trying to request some stuff via console (with appropriate snmp version, community, port and so on)
a   "no response from ipadress:4700" is returned.

What could be the problem(s) ???
Any suggestions?

Greetz C.