[AGENT++] Cannot gather information from snmp agent!

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Wed Jul 21 18:39:10 CEST 2004

Hi Christian,

I would check the following:
1. Do you use the correct port (i.e. does your agent successfully binds
port 4700)?
 (Note: On unix you will need to run the agent with root privileges to
bind a port
below 1024)
2. Does the agent uses all local interfaces (0.0.0.0) or a specific
interface?
3. Double check community, security credentials etc.
4. Use a sniffer like Eathereal to see whether packets are really sent
to the network.
(On some UNIX Eathereal can also sniff the local loop interface)

Hope this helps.