[AGENT++] NoSuchInstance in case of an unavailable row within a table

Fehde, Marcus Marcus.Fehde at draeger.com
Wed Jul 21 17:12:01 CEST 2004

Hi!

I've a table of MibTable with derived MibLeaf instances as columns.
The get-method is overloaded and retrieves always the current value of something.
If I can't retrieve the current value a want to return a noSuchInstance exception to mark the row or single cell as currently unavailable.
I did it this way: vb.set_syntax( sNMP_SYNTAX_NOSUCHINSTANCE ) : vb was taken from request

The problem is that the agent does not try to retrieve the next available instance, but responses the OID contained in the GETNEXT-request. The result is that my MIB browser does an endless loop.
The exception is included in the response varbind.

Can somebody tell me what the problem is?

Best regards/Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Marcus Fehde
Dipl. Ing. Technische Informatik (FH)

Research & Development