[AGENT++]agent++v3.5.19 error wiht the prxoy

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Thu Jul 22 22:34:24 CEST 2004

Hi,

> I'm running the proxy under MS,I have also compiled the
> agent++v3.5.11c , the code is exactly same,but it works well, so I
> want to know why?  (I found in the agent++v3.5.11c and agent++v3.5.19
> There are the initial-Initialized request_id to 1041.is it a conflict
> ,should I modify the Initialized request_id??? )

the initial request id is set to a random value. You should not do
anything with it.

> Marcus,you said I
> should "do the winsock initialization (WSAStartup)." ,sorry,I do not
> know how to do it ,can you give me more details? Thank you !

Just add the line

Snmp::socket_startup();

to your main() function before creating any other snmp++/agent++ objects.

  /**
   * Initialize the Winsock library (WSAStartup).
   *
   * @note on Win32 this method *must* be called before creating Snmp or
   *       Address objects.
   */
  static void socket_startup();

  /**
   * Shut down the Winsock library (WSACleanup).
   */
  static void socket_cleanup();