[AGENT++] Agent++ with selected multiple IP interfaces

Kostur, Andre akostur at incognito.com
Thu Jun 3 19:02:53 CEST 2004

Let's assume that we have a machine with 4 IPs, but I only want to listen
for SNMP on only 2 of those IPs.  How would one go about actually coding
that up?

Currently I have 2 instances of Snmpx, Mib, RequestList.  I want to expose a
consistent set of data, so I tried to have only one instance of MibGroup,
MibLeaf (OK, 1 per piece of data I wish to expose), but the problem I have
is that if I try to register the MibLeaf with multiple Mibs, then on
shutdown the destruction of the first Mib with cause the destruction of all
of by MibLeafs.  Of course when the second Mib is destroyed, then you get
double deletions.

I've been looking around as to how I could work with only 2 instances of
Snmpx, but one instance of Mib... but since you have to register the Snmpx
with the Mib, and the Mib can't have multiple Snmpxs registered with it... I
seem to have run into a wall.

Any ideas?