[AGENT++] snmp++ help please

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Sun Jun 20 17:51:27 CEST 2004

Hi,

> But I could not understand how to work with SNMP++v3.2.12a and libdes _1.4.01
>
> 1. Do I create a separate library using the files in libdes _1.4.01?

yes. Create a lib from libdes/*.c files (beside destest.c speed.c
des_opts.c) and a lib from snmp++/src/*.cpp files. Then add these libs
to your exe project.

> 2. I created a workspace in Visual Studio 6.0 and added the header files and source
> files from SNMP++v3.2.12a and included the makefile common.mk

You should remove common.mk from your project.

> I want to use the SNMPGet method to start with.
> However when I tried to build the workspace it gave me several errors in vb.cpp
> and other errors.

What kind of errors? Did you add snmp++/include and libdes to the
include path?

> I will be immensely grateful to the mailing-list if someone could get me started.
> Am I on the right track? I am working on windows 2000, VS 6.0.

You can try the project fiels from
http://www.sa-ha.de/snmp/contrib/msvc6_projects.tar.gz