[AGENT++] snmp++ help please

Fnu.Sushma at mail.uh.edu Fnu.Sushma at mail.uh.edu
Sun Jun 20 06:48:14 CEST 2004

Hello Frank and agentpp maillist members,

I have downloaded the SNMP++v3.2.12a and libdes _1.4.01
I am a student and do not have any prior experience in SNMP
except that I have worked with the SNMP++ Browser from the book
written by Peter Mellquist.

I want to familiarize and work on the SNMPv3 features.
But I could not understand how to work with SNMP++v3.2.12a and libdes _1.4.01

My questions?
1. Do I create a separate library using the files in libdes _1.4.01?
2. I created a workspace in Visual Studio 6.0 and added the header files and source
files from SNMP++v3.2.12a and included the makefile common.mk
I want to use the SNMPGet method to start with.
However when I tried to build the workspace it gave me several errors in vb.cpp
and other errors.

I will be immensely grateful to the mailing-list if someone could get me started.
Am I on the right track? I am working on windows 2000, VS 6.0.

Thank you very much.
Regards,
Sushma.