[AGENT++] How to do Double and Float values?

Mr. AWD mrawd at excite.com
Mon Jun 21 05:25:42 CEST 2004

Hi there,

I am trying to present some date through the SNMP agent and double and float variables are not supported. After looking over the net, I've found a proposal from the Dave Perkins about using a Opaque values for those variables.

Questions: Is the the correct approach to this kind of a problem or is there a better way to support float/double type variables. The same problem here goes also for the INT64 objects as well, since Counter64 is only SNMP object that can show such a large numbers, but my objects are not counters...

The second question would go along the first one and it is about use of the Opaque objects. I couldn't find an useful example in any of the snmp++/agent++/agentX++ code portions, so any pointers here would be welcome.

Thanks

Fedja