[AGENT++] error building libdes

Sushma sushma at uh.edu
Mon Jun 21 17:56:01 CEST 2004

Dear Agentpp Maillist,
Thanks Jochen for the help.

I created a static library in Visual Studio 6.0 with the libdes/*.c files and destest.c speed.c, des_opts.c.
When I build the lib it gave me errors:
- fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'sys/unistd.h': No such file or directory
Iam working on windows 2000.
I commented this include header and tried to build the library again and it is giving me error
- fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'sys/times.h': No such file or directory

Please let me know what the reason could be. I want to complete the build for libdes and
the library snmp++/src/*.cpp files and start working on the SNMPv3 features.

Also, in the faqs it is given:
Compile using the Debug Multithread or just Multithread swithces on! Remember to define the flags
SNMP_PP_NATIVE_EXPORTS and AGENT_PP_NATIVE_EXPORTS.
I did not know how to set the Multithread swithces on.

And, in http://www.sa-ha.de/snmp/contrib/msvc6_projects.tar.gz
The individual files for the workspaces are not included. Is that the reason I could not build the workspace?

I greatly appreciate your help.
Regards,
Sushma.

> I am working on a Windows 2000 machine with Visual Studio 6.0 and want to
> download the SNMP++ and AGENT++ version from the website
>
> However I do not know which one to use. I want to work on the SNMPv3 features.
> Please guide me. I am a newbie and this is my first request from the mail list.

you need at least SNMP++v3.2.12a. If you want to use SNMPv3 you either
need LIBDES-l-4.01 or LibTomCrypt.

To set up your project, either follow the instructions from
http://www.agentpp.com/faq.txt or download the VC++7.0 project files and
convert them to VC++6.0 projects (this was discussed on this list some
time ago).