[AGENT++] (OT) Manager++

Bob Natale Bob.Natale at AppliedSNMP.com
Tue Jun 29 22:32:22 CEST 2004

Hi James,

True.  And the WinSNMP API (and specifically our implementation of it
in the WinSNMP engine, at least for Win32) was the original foundation
for SNMP++...working very closely with Peter and several other HP
architects and engineers at the time.  So, for Win32 platforms
especially, lightweight SNMP capabilities can be added quickly (and
with very low overhead) to applications via the WinSNMP API.

The WinSNMP API itself is not object-oriented per se (has to support OO
and other developemnt paradigms), nor does it have anywhere near the
agent-building superstructure of agent++ (is more oriented toward the
full set of core SNMP application functionality types (as of SNMPv3)
rather than elaborated for any application type).  So, it's not for
every one and not intended as a replacement for any specialized product
that otherwise meets your needs.

Cheers,
BobN
http://www.winsnmp.com