[AGENT++] Compiler error in win32 with vc++6.0

Marcos Cacabelos Prol marcoscp at meta4.com
Wed Mar 3 17:18:32 CET 2004

I am using the snmp++v3.2.10a version of snmp.
I have compiled this library with vc++6.0.

When I use this library in my project, I get the next error:
	snmp_pp\include\oid.h(415) : error C2491: '>=' : definition of dllimport function not allowed

In this file we can see:
inline int operator>=(const Oid &x, const Oid &y)
{
  return (!(x<y));   // just invert existing <
}

This code was not here in previous versions of iod.h file. If I remove DLLOPT from the method declaration, the code compiles OK.
  /**
   * Overloaded greater than >= operator.
   */
   DLLOPT friend int operator>=(const Oid &lhs, const Oid &rhs);

What is the reason to make this operator inline?
Is this a bug?

Marcos

---
Marcos Cacabelos Prol

Direct Phone (34) 91 602 53 07
marcoscp at meta4.com

Meta4
A company of the ADONIX Group

Centro Europa Empresarial - Edf. Roma
C/ Rozabella, 8
28230 Las Rozas - MADRID
ESPAÑA
Tel.: 91.634.85.00 - Fax: 91.634.86.68

http://www.meta4.com

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you are not the addressee of this message, or responsible for its delivery to such person, please destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Opinions, conclusions and any other information contained in this message that do not relate to the official business of Meta4 shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. Unauthorized copying or delivery to non-adressees is not permitted.