[AGENT++] compilation over Cygwin ?

Ashish Bansal abansal at giga-stream.de
Fri Mar 19 17:55:04 CET 2004

Hi ,

I am trying to compile agentX++ on Cygwin on Win-2k .

While I see the same source code compiles smoothly on Linux,
On cygwin agent++ compilation gives following error ..

mib_sh.o: In function `Agentpp::MibLeaf::set_syntax(unsigned long)'
/home/ABANSAL/agent++/src/mib.cpp:244: undefined reference to
`SnmpInt32::SnmpInt32(void)'
/home/ABANSAL/agent++/src/mib.cpp:256: undefined reference to
`Counter64::Counter64(void)'
/home/ABANSAL/agent++/src/mib.cpp:260: undefined reference to
`OctetStr::OctetStr(void)'

The Only difference appears to me is that while compiling agent++ on
cygwin I miss -fPIC option of g++.

Is anyone having any idea how to get around it ??

Note one thing-> I have Undefined "#define SNMP_PP_IPv6" in
config_snmp_pp.h because cygwin was not able to compile with it.

Best Regards,
Ashish

Ashish Bansal
Senior Software Engineer