[AGENT++] Re: Problems with asynchronous get...

Fedja Jeleskovic mrawd2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 00:28:07 CET 2004

Well, after checking the code a bit more, it looks like
snmp->eventListHolder->SNMPProcessPendingEvents() has to be called in order
to get your callback function called. The strange thing is that there is
EventListHolder::SNMPProcessEvents(), EventListHolder::SNMPMainLoop(), and
even EventListHolder::SNMPExitMainLoop() that should do this kind of work,
but they where never used in the snmp++ code at all.

So, if I loop 10 times around the
snmp->eventListHolder->SNMPProcessPendingEvents(), I do get back results
through the callback function. But, it looks like quite a waste of cycles
and I can't stop to wonder if there is a better way to do this.

Is there?

Fedja Jeleskovic
ps. I just switched to this email address from the MrAWD at excite.com to have
easier time sending/replying to the topics.
> --- On Tue 11/23, Mr. AWD < mrawd at excite.com > wrote:From: Mr. AWD
[mailto: mrawd at excite.com]To: agentpp at agentpp.orgDate: Tue, 23 Nov 2004
16:47:15 -0500 (EST)Subject: [AGENT++] Problems with asynchronous get
request...

> I am trying to build a simple SNMP Get browser by using snmp++ library and
things are not the way I was hoping to see them. The problem appears when I
send an asynchronous get request with the call back function and even
thought, I don't get any errors along the way, I also never get a call back.
Once I delete my Snmp object and close the socket, I do receive a call back
but with the error message SNMP_CLASS_SESSION_DESTROYED or value of -8.