[AGENT++] decomposing the trap pdu

Ramin Dousti ramin at cannon.eng.us.uu.net
Fri Sep 17 19:45:39 CEST 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 07:14:51AM +0200, Frank Fock wrote:

> Ramin,

Thank you, Frank.

> You will have to extract the SNMPv1 specific information
> about generic trap ID and specific trap ID from the notification
> ID. But the question is, why do you want to extract these IDs,
> when you can have the complete notification ID by calling
> Pdu::get_notify_id(..)?

But Pdu::get_notify_id() would give me the trapOID. What I'm
interested in is the generic trap type and specific trap code.

You mention above that I can get them from the notification ID.
Can you elaborate? How?

Basically, I'm receiving enterprise private traps and wanted to
extract as much information as possible (including the possible
bugs/non-conforming with the RFC's).

Thanks again.

Ramin