[AGENT++] snmp_pp version 2.6

Arun Selvarajan arun2202 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 26 04:17:45 CEST 2005

Hi Katz,

Thanks for the reply, but I got one more query...

I got some old clients using snmp_pp version 2.6, that I can't upgrade.
Now I'm upgrading the new clients to verison 2.8.
Lets consider this hypothetical scenario, we install an old client(using
2.6), then install a a new client(using 2.8) on the same machine, the
version 2.6 dll will be replaced by the 2.8 version.
Now the old clients will be inadvertently calling functions in dll version
2.8, though they were not compiled for it.
What do you think will be the impact on the old clients who expect a version
2.6 to be running ? crash ?? faulty behavior ??

regards,
Arun