[AGENT++] SNMP++ advocacy

gpuchtel at gplicity.com gpuchtel at gplicity.com
Thu Jan 6 17:44:25 CET 2005

I echo the sentiments of Marek so there is no reason to repeat them here.
When I chose Agent++ several years ago I naturally considered net-snmp but
as you pointed out one only has to look at the code base to make a
technical decision.  I can give you 3 other (non-technical) reasons to use
Agent++:

1)	Frank Fock
2)	Jochen Katz
3)	Other members of this community who are dedicated to its success

Frank and Jochen consistently keep this library close to the
state-of-the-art of the SNMP protocol far sooner and more reliable than
net-snmp, for example; consider the implementation of the AgentX protocol
as a case in point.

Finally, don’t forget the suite of tools (MIB Explorer, MIB Designer, Agen
Pro, etc
) provided them.

Regards,
Glenn