[AGENT++] Persistence

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Fri Mar 11 19:32:05 CET 2005

Hi Marc,

Marc Leclerc wrote:

>Hi, I have a few questions on persistence. when mib_init is called data is
>retreived from files.mib if they actually exists. those file do not seem to
>be updated unless a call to mib->save_all() is made. if this is the case
>then data changed in a period of time would be lost if either the software
>or hardware crashes. assuming that the prior is true what mean would there
>be to prevent such data loss.

All the above is true. To prevent data loss, you could either save the
config
using the AGENTPP-CONFIG-MIB's agentppCfgStorageTable by
SNMP SET operations. Those operations could be issued by the manager
that made changes.

Another approach would be to run a timer inside the agent or always issue
a save_all after a certain timeout when the config has been changed.