[AGENT++] TripleDES - SNMP++

Pierre Pacchioni ppacch at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 11:55:29 CEST 2005

Hello Jochen,

I finally (re)started to work on adding TripleDES to Agent++.
I read and understood (roughty) how the auth_priv.[h,cpp] mechanism work.
I'm not sure I can take advantage of the virtual mechanism in place since with
TripleDES it is necessary to pass 3 keys.
Do you have any suggestion?

Moreover with libdes I found several 3DES implementations:
- des_ecb3_encrypt()
- des_3cbc_encrypt()
- des_ede3_cbc_encrypt()
etc ...
plus a "generic"
des_encrypt3() and des_decrypt3()
Could you please clarify which one should be used?
I think it should be des_3cbc_encrypt() and des_3cbc_decrypt() (since Agent++
uses des_cbc_encrypt() and des_cbc_decrypt() but I'm not sure).

Thanks,
Pierre.