[AGENT++] Application monitoring?

Fedja Jeleskovic mrawd2 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 22:46:12 CEST 2005

Hi there!

The problem that I am trying to fix right now is to figure out when one of our applications or the whole machine that is running Agent++ crashes. So far the only idea is on some kind of pulling mechanism from the SNMP agent to each of the applications that needs to be monitored. If SNMP agent fails to get an answer from the particular application, a trap could be sent to the manager or any other corrective action.

Is there any other way how this kind of task is done out there?

Also, how to figure out that your whole system is down? The thing is that SNMP agent might not respond to the query, but that could be that only agent had crashed...

Thanks a lot!

Fedja Jeleskovic