[AGENT++] SNMP++ snmpget for snmp v3

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Sat Sep 10 01:24:42 CEST 2005

Hi,

> Basically 3 retries were not being tried and the code returned out from
> nt Snmp::snmp_engine before the time window was properly setup .

it has to work without your changes, so please revert to the original
code with the changes below.

The first message exchange is ok, but the second one seems to make
problems. At the end:

> ***Receiving a ReportPDU ***
> mp finished (OK)
> [....]
> addtoengineidtable: (172.17.0.20/161)
> receive_snmp_response requestID = 2147483647, returning SUCCESS.
> ++ SNMP++: sending to 172.17.0.20/161:
> 30 7E 02 01  03 30 0F 02  03 1E 00 01  02 02 10 00

v3MP detects a report message and finishes ok, but then no line
"received oid: xxx with value: yyy" is printed. Instead the good
response is ignored and the request is resent because of timeout.

To see what is wrong, make the following changes to uxsnmp.cpp:
move the code block
    // We received a REPORT-MSG, check if we should try another time
    debugprintf(1, "%s", error_msg(first_oid));

up to the line right after the call to SNMPBlockForResponse() and before
the line "if (pdu.get_type() != REPORT_MSG) {". Keep your change that
prints the status value and print the value of pdu.get_type() too.

Then do a complete clean rebuild of the libs and your code.
With the log output of a request with security level authNoPriv, I
should be able to find the cause of the problem.