[AGENT++] USM and VACM Tables persistence

Gokul Poduval gokul.poduval at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 06:01:25 CEST 2005

Hello,

  In my implementation, whenever the user does a SNMP SET, all the
SNMP information is saved to disk due to persistence. The entries in
the VACM tables have been declared non-volatile. However, if I restart
the agent, the information does not seem to be read back, because I am
unable to get a pointer to the VACM tables.

#define oidVacmSecurityToGroupTable       "1.3.6.1.6.3.16.1.2.1"

    Mib mib = new Agentpp::Mib(persistentObjectsDir)
    mib->init() ;

    Agentpp::MibTable* securityToGroupTable = dynamic_cast<Agentpp::MibTable*>
        (mib->get(Oid(oidVacmSecurityToGroupTable)));

    if (!securityToGroupTable)
        cout << "Reference to securityToGroupTable not found\n";

The cout statement is executed. I need a pointer to the
securityToGroupTable to check whether the user has made any
modifications, and if so, I do not want to override his settings. Is
there anything else I need to do to get a pointer to the
securityGroupTable from persistent storage ?

I have the exact same doubt in relation to the USM tables too.